Coronavirus Announcement & Updates
To our patients, friends and family,
We hope that you and yours remain well, safe and healthy. As for our MFC team, we are excited to announce that we have returned to our offices as of Monday, May 18th, 2020! The State of California and Los Angeles County regulations now allow us to perform elective surgeries, non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and standard medical care with the implementation of new policies, which fulfill the required reopening criteria. Besides loving our work, we have greatly missed our personal as well as our professional relationships with you.
Please read the new office guidelines which we have instituted in order to follow the strict safety measures for any medical visits to any of our offices as well as our out-patient surgery centers. We ask all patients to please follow these safety requirements:
- MFC requires all patients and staff to wear a mask or any other cloth material that covers the mouth and nose for the duration of their time in the office. These facial coverings should ONLY BE removed when surgeries or treatments are performed, and only if necessary.
- All patients must practice social distancing, staying at least six feet apart from others, while in the office, except while receiving medical care. We will limit the number of patients in the common areas and seating will be altered to observe proper spacing. MOHS surgery patients will be asked to wait in an exam room, their cars, or outside, and not in the office waiting room.
- Patients should come alone to their appointment. If necessary, MFC will allow one additional person to attend the appointment if this additional person is a driver, caregiver or as special circumstances arise.
- Patients should not come to the office if they feel ill or are displaying any symptoms, such as fever or cough, or if they have cared for or been in contact with anyone displaying these symptoms.
- MFC will be screening everyone who enters our offices for any exposure or symptoms of Covid-19. If patients are believed to have been exposed and/or display symptoms, MFC will not allow them in the office and will reschedule their appointment.
- MFC will be taking the temperature of every person before they enter the office.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available to all patients.
- Patients should limit the number of personal items brought into the office.
- MFC recommends VIRTUAL VISITS for follow-up care.
Additionally, MFC doctors and staff have been continually reviewing public health recommendations. We aim to always be up-to-date on the best practices to ensure patient safety. Our MFC Staff members are trained to follow all sanitation and hygienic care protocols, Universal Precautions, and are observing all the health and safety guidelines. Please rest assured that all MFC staff will be screened and have their temperatures taken before entry. MFC staff will observe social distancing except while providing medical care to our patients.
We continue to implement increased sanitation procedures at all of our offices. The exam rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between each patient. Please understand that these additional sanitation steps may cause a slightly longer turnover time between patient visits. Please allow our staff to work properly in order to ensure that all high touch areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Thank you for continuing to trust our office with your skin health needs. We strive to continue to provide the best and most advanced care possible.
Wishing you wellness,
Moy, Fincher, Chipps Facial Plastics & Dermatologist