What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is a new non-invasive procedure that rejuvenates vaginal and labial skin without surgery, pain, or downtime. It can restore what natural childbirth and hormone changes associated with aging have taken away, boosting feminine confidence and wellbeing.
Is ThermiVa safe?
Yes! Radiofrequency energy devices are very safe for use on vaginal and labial tissues. No numbing medication is needed and treatment wands are disposed after each use.
How does ThermiVa work?
ThermiVa uses radiofruency energy in the form of heat to tighten vaginal and labial tissues. Heat causes remodeling of collagen, which shrinks and tightens the treated areas. Temperature is precisely controlled to maximize this effect while keeping you comfortable.
What do ThermiVa treatments feel like?
Treatments are performed in private rooms, and you are draped for maximal comfort. Heat is delivered intravaginally and to external labial skin with a gentle and smooth S-shaped wand. You will feel warmth in the treatment area but no stinging or pain. Each treatment lasts between 25 and 45 minutes, depending on which areas are treated. You can resume regular activities, exercise, and sexual function on the same day as treatment.
How many treatments are needed?
We recommend a series of 3 treatments spaced about 1 month apart. Most women notice improvement after their first treatment, but the series helps maximize results.
How long do results last?
Most women experience improvement for at least 9-12 months. When tissues begin to return to their pre-treatment form, additional treatments may be performed.
What are the benefits of ThermiVa?
- Increases Vaginal Tightness: Treatments cause tightening at the vaginal opening and internally that both women and their partners notice immediately.
- Improves Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence (Accidental leakage): Difficult vaginal delivery or multiple childbirths often result in stress incontinence or mild leakage with laughing, sneezing, and exercise. Because Thermiva tightens, it often improves these symptoms and reduces urge symptoms. More invasive surgeries with mesh or sling placement can be avoided.
- Enhances Labial Cosmetic Appearance: ThermiVa heat smooths and tightens labial tissues. This reduces wrinkling, sagging, and “camel toes”. Women are more comfortable and confident in bikinis, tight clothing, and form-fitting jeans.
- Reduces Vaginal Dryness without Hormones: Menopause results in decreased vaginal moisture both inside and out, which can cause pain or discomfort during sex. By softening and thickening skin as well as increasing moisture, ThermiVa increases sexual satisfaction. ThermiVa is a safe and wonderful option for women who cannot use topical hormones because of prior breast and gynecologic cancers.
- Boosts Sexual or Orgasmic Pleasure: Because ThermiVa treatments increase blood flow and heighten nerve sensitivity, many women experience stronger pelvic floor muscular contractions leading to faster achieved orgasms.
Who cannot have ThermiVa treatments?
ThermiVa treatments are not recommended for pregnant women, but they may be performed as early as 6 weeks after vaginal delivery. Any active gynecologic infection should be treated promptly prior to ThermiVa treatments.
What do I need to do before treatments?
Please shave the day before your treatment. We also recommend wearing loose-fitting clothing, Although menstruation should not preclude treatments, you may be most comfortable if you are not menstruating at the time of your procedure.