Lisa Chipps, MD, MS, FAAD
Dr. Chipps is a board-certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon with specialty in Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, laser skin treatments, liposuction, and general and cosmetic dermatology. She is licensed to practice medicine in California and Colorado.
Dr. Chipps earned her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Physiological Science from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She received her M.D. at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. She was awarded a research fellowship at UCLA in dermatology during medical school. She did her internship year at the UCLA-West Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Hospital. Dr. Chipps completed residency training in dermatology at University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, Colorado and at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, in Torrance, California. During her residency, she received a preceptorship award from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. She then completed a two-year fellowship in procedural dermatology, Mohs Micrographic Surgery, and cosmetic surgery with Dr. Ronald Moy at UCLA. She has received awards for her research in skin cancer. She has published numerous studies in journals and has done many presentations at scientific meetings related to her research in dermatology.
Dr. Chipps has a special interest in skin cancer education and prevention. She regularly volunteers for free skin cancer screenings through the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the Skin Cancer Foundation. She also volunteers at the Venice Family Clinic. In addition to her volunteer efforts, Dr. Chipps is an active member of numerous medical societies, including the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the American College of Mohs Surgery.
What inspired you to become a dermatologist?
Since childhood, I knew I would be a doctor to take care of people of all ages. Dermatology incorporates my favorite aspects of medical practice. I am able to care for people of all ages, from childhood through the golden years and beyond. I perform surgical and cosmetic procedures every day, but most of my patients are relatively healthy. I have the opportunity to help people to improve the health of their skin and enhance their lives by putting their best faces forward.
Why did you decide to practice dermatology in Beverly Hills?
I came to Los Angeles from Colorado in 1992, and I fell in love with the vitality and culture of this city. After training at UCLA and USC, I joined MFC at UCLA. We quickly outgrew our space and moved to Beverly Hills for a larger, beautiful suite with state-of-the-art technology and an accredited outpatient surgical center. This Beverly Hills dermatology location, like our smaller offices in Encino and Torrance, allows us to provide modern, expert care to all of our Los Angeles patients.
Do you specialize in a specific area of dermatology? (e.g. Mohs, Cosmetic, etc.)
After becoming board certified in dermatology, I did a two-year fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery, qualifying me to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. I then received my third board certification from the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
With three board certifications, my expertise really is in surgical procedures, including Mohs surgery to remove skin cancers, reconstructive surgery (to make it look as if there never was a skin cancer), and cosmetic surgery to keep people looking their best. I also use lasers and traditional cosmetic dermatology techniques to enhance outcomes. Always, I strive to provide my patients with results that look healthy and natural.
Concerning skin care, what is one piece of advice you frequently offer?
I strive to help each of my patients to reach a point where they feel beautiful in their skin without makeup. I advise my patients to be proactive with skin care, using products, lasers and injectables to prevent signs of aging, rather than waiting until they see those signs and then working to correct them.
What is your approach to providing patient care?
I truly care for my patients. I often call to check on them before and after surgical procedures, and I make sure that all of my surgical patients can always reach me by telephone or email. The trust of my patients is an honor that I treat with respect.
What makes MFC the leading dermatology practice in Beverly Hills?
Moy, Fincher and Chipps is the leading dermatology practice in Beverly Hills because we are the only practice with four fellowship-trained Mohs surgeons, the latest and newest laser technologies, and truly honest and caring physicians. I would trust each of my partners to perform surgical procedures on me, so I feel confident that as a team, we provide the best care to our patients.
What is one of your favorite things to do in Beverly Hills?
I love people, and Beverly Hills is a fun place to observe and to interact with people from all over the world. We have fabulous restaurants, shopping, and holiday celebrations in our neighborhood. I especially enjoy the holiday lights, the long summer shopping days, and the Fathers Day car show.
- We are excited to announce our newest team member, Nisha Shah, PA-C
- ACCUtite, FACEtite, Morpheus8 - Our New InMode Device
- Sebacia Acne Treatment Q&A Interview with Nisha Shah, PA-C
- New Year, New Strategies for Aging Well!
- Skin Laxity: Aging and Hormone Replacement Therapy Q&A Interview
- The ideal skin care regimen
- PRP Therapy Explained
- Meet Jillian Roy of Moy-Fincher-Chipps Facial Plastics & Dermatology
- Dr. Ronald Moy volunteering at Fall Camp Sundown
- Dr. Ronald Moy Media Award Presenter for the Skin Cancer's Foundation 40th Dinner Gala
- Hyperpigmentation Causes and Treatments
- Which laser resurfacing treatment is right for me?
- Treating Sun Damaged Skin
- Pellevé Q&A with Edgar Fincher, MD
- How to Relieve an Itchy Sunburn Fast, According to Dermatologists
- There’s more than one way to rejuvenate the neck
- Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling Devices
- How to Look Like You Got Filler Sans Any Injections, According to Dermatologists
- Jeuveau #NewBotox is here!
- Vanquish Q&A with Drs. Moy, Fincher, Chipps
- The Ultimate Guide to Laser Hair Removal—Because Summer Is (Almost) Here
- 9 Spring Skincare Trends To Revamp Your Vanity (And Your Complexion)
- How Taking Spironolactone For Acne Can Save Your Skin
- The best acne scar treatments according to Dermatologists
- House Plants Are Good For Your Skin — & Your Shelfies, Too
- What is the difference between a surgical and nonsurgical facelift?
- Turn your holiday ingredients into an anti-inflammatory face mask
- FYI: Dermatologists Say These Are the Best Moisturizers for Rosacea
- Will I look Fake? Facial Injectables.
- Halloween Makeup to Use If You Have Sensitive Skin, According to the Pros
- Our Newest Device - A faster way to tighten skin!
- Repair DNA Damage While You Sleep
- Q&A interviews with our leading dermatologists
- The Innovative New Sunscreens That Cut Your Skin-Care Routine In Half
- The Best Anti-Aging Lotions "Add Intense Moisture and Shine"- Here Are 10
- 12 Dermatologist-Approved Drugstore Night Creams Under $35
- These Face Masks for Acne Just About Guarantee a Clear Complexion
- 14 Things Your Dermatologist Wishes You'd Stop Doing
- 6 Dark Spot Correctors That Deliver Results, According to Dermatologists.
- FYI: Dermatologists Say These Are the Best Moisturizers for Rosacea.
- Carrie Underwood Debuted Her Face Last Night After Receiving 40 Stitches
- Just In: Here's What Dermatologist Really Think About Polypeptides in Skincare
- Here's Why I Finally Decided to Get Fillers at Age 37 (and Loved It!)
- 14 Beauty Ingredients to Avoid During Pregnancy
- 3 Dermatologist-Approved Vitamin C Creams for "Brighter Firmer Skin"
- Skin Care 101: Lasers
- Should Your Period Affect Your Skin-Care Routine?
- We Asked Scalp Experts: Can Home Remedies for Thicker Hair Actually Work?
- Renowned Dermatologist Dr. Ronald Moy On 3 Skincare Resolutions You Should Keep
- Honestly, This $29 Kojic Acid Serum Will Brighten Up Your Winter Skin
- All The Differences Between A $2 Acne-Fighting Product & A $200 One
- Body Contouring Q&A with Dr. Lisa Chipps
- 5 Dermatologist-Approved Serums for a More Youthful-Looking Complexion
- What Dermatologists Really Truly Think of Pore Strips
- Inexpensive Holiday Gifts Under $100 That Are Sure to Impress
- 5 Eye Creams That Make You Look Younger
- Here's Everything You Need to Know About Skincare in Your 40s
- 10 Skin Mistakes You Make During The Holidays According To Dermatologists
- Can I drink my way to wrinkle-free skin? Collagen Supplements and the Facts.
- A Dermatologist Shares the Best Anti-Aging Serums (and What They Really Do)
- All the Things You Can Do to Your Face Now That Summer Is Over
- Byrdie Beauty
- Harper's Bazaar Magazine
- Newest Facial Fillers That Erase Lines Without Surgery
- LA Confidential: Cutting Edge - Best LA Surgeons
- Are Lasers Your Last Resort?
- Glamour Magazine: The Skin Cancer Guru
- NBC Los Angeles: New Laser Turns Back Time
- Your Go-To Guide For Awards Season in Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Courier: Laser 101 At Moy Fincher Chipps
- My Pre-Emmy, Celeb-Worthy Facial
- Marie Claire Magazine
- Doctors To Trust In Trying Pellevé
- Special FX